It has the considerable shelf life of a week after it is ripe making it exportable. It is also one of the most expensive kinds of mango and is grown mainly in western India.Mango is the leading fruit crop of India and considered to be the king of fruits. The tropical fruit is called the “King of Fruits” in India. The tree has been around for more than 4000 years in India and was taken to South America by the Portuguese, other parts of South Asia by Indians and to other tropical regions by others. A mango tree needs an ideal climate to grow. It is a tropical fruit and needs a lot of suns to grow and bear fruit.
Common name: Mango Alphanso
Flower colours: Whitish green
Bloom time: Spring, Summer
Height: Up to 10 to 80 ft
Difficulty: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Planting is usually done in the month of July-August in rainfed areas and during February-March in irrigated areas. Planting spacing should be 10 X 10 m. Dig pits of 1 m x 1 m x 1 m. Fill in with topsoil mixed with 10 kg of FYM.
Sunlight: Full sunlight
Soil: Loamy, alluvial, well-drained, aerated and deep soils rich in organic matter with a pH range of 5.5 to 7.5
Temperature: 20 to 35 degree C
Fertilizer: Applied any organic fertilizer or manure.
Caring for Mango Alphanso
- Choose the sunniest spot in your garden and dig a 12-inch deep hole.
- If the plant is slightly bigger, then dig a slightly deeper hole.
- Also, prepare the soil with fertilizers and plant feed before planting the tree.
- Plant the tree deep and then pack the soil.
- However, make sure that the soil is loosely packed to enhance water absorption.
- Control the weed.